For less than the equivalent of $1,600, you can pay French company Ultime Ralit to give you a basic abduction package.
The package includes you being taken by strangers, gagged and forced into a car, and kept in a dark cellar for 4 hours.
For an added fee, you can add boat chases or helicopter escapes to your abduction package. You can also stay in that dark cellar for longer—if you pay.
The company offers to get you with the sensations of violence and terror of a real kidnapping. If you dare, you will sign a contract and liability waiver. Once you sign it, you will have no idea when your kidnapping will take place.
The company follows you and abducts you at the right time. Some people have decided to use the service in order to tackle some of their greatest fears, for example, being buried alive.
While the service is not technically illegal, the police say authorities should be warned.
Would you ever consider being fake kidnapped like this?
The Power Rangers is Basically Recycled Footage Of An Almost 40 Year Old Japanese Show.
Unless you're a big big Power Rangers fan, you probably didn't know this one.
The Power Rangers are actually a Japanese import from a long running series called Super Sentai. The basic premise is the same: a team of (almost always) 5 people are chosen to magically transform into super warriors to fight evil.
Have you ever noticed that the fight scenes when the rangers transformed, and all the Zord scenes always looked completely different than when you were able to see the rangers' faces? That's because the show basically reused footage from the Japanese show.
If you're reading this, the Power Rangers probably defined your childhood in the 90s. You'll be surprised to learn that Super Sentai series has actually been around 1975. In fact, that recycled footage I just talked about? That was from the SIXTEENTH season of the Super Sentai series.
Yes, there were 16th seasons of Japanese Power Rangers before they became famous in America.
When the first season of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers was a success, the American producers asked the Japanese production company to please shoot more fighting scenes so they could make more episodes of the MMPR show. However, that was all they did.
After that, the Western production simply rebooted the show every time a new Japanese series started. That's why the early Power Rangers changed costumes so often and that's also why nowadays, they just start a new series every year.
1. If you get stuck in riptide, remain calm and swim parallel to shore. Swimming to the shore will just tire you out faster.
2. When crying for help, call out specific people (eg. "you with the green shirt!"). It makes people more likely to act and not be affected by the bystander effect.
3. In survival situations, while it will change depending on your body, remember the rule of threes:
3 minutes without air (maybe you're buried in snow following an avalance)
3 hours without shelter against the elements
3 days without water
3 weeks without food
4. Most phones are able to dial 911 even without service or a SIM card.
5. Additionally, 112 is the international 9-1-1 in most places.
6. If you see a photo of yourself (or anyone else - particularly children) where they only have one 'red eye' from the flash, this could be a sign of retinoblastoma (a type of eye cancer).
7. If caught in a burning building, get low. The breathable air will be near the floor.
8. Learn the self-Heimlich.
9. Do you have a desk job? Be sure you get up at least once every two hours and walk around for 5-10 minutes. Doing this reduces the chance of developing blood clots in your calves.
10. If you're a man and you pee on one of those pregnancy test, if it comes up positive you may have testicular cancer.
11. Just because the light turns green doesn't mean its safe to go.
These two beautiful creatures, Ivory and Saraswati, are proud parents of the first ever brood of White Ligers. December 2013 saw the birth of the world’s first White Ligers.
Meet Yeti, Odlin, Samson and Apollo!
Dr. Bhagvan Antle was the brains behind the operation. He had a white lion as well as a white tigress at his sanctuary. Through careful cross-breeding, him and his team were able to produce these beautiful little guys.
The Uncle of these little ligers is Hercules, the world’s largest cat… so clearly record setting runs in the family!
While it is POSSIBLE that white ligers have existed in the wild, they definitely have never existed within a zoo anywhere in the world before. Plus, given the geographical locations both inhabit, it would be super unlikely.
There are only 1,000 known ligers in the world, but this family makes the first white ligers known in existence. Even white tigers and white lions are somewhat rare themselves, so these creatures are INCREDIBLY unique. Not to mention adorable!
Here's one last one for good measure. It's also the cutest!